Do you have a passion for making a difference in someone’s life? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your background and empathetic nature to work for a progressive, forward-thinking and family-owned company where creativity is encouraged? Then the Business Services Specialist position is for you! We are seeking a dynamic, team-oriented and caring individual to join our spirited team in Durham, North Carolina. We serve unemployed and underemployed adults in our area as they navigate the transitions of their careers. Durham is a vibrant and diverse city and we are pleased to be able to serve individuals from all walks of life.
As the business services specialist, you will be responsible for working with local business to generate internship and employment opportunities for our clients. Additionally, this position works with employers to organize recruitment events at our career center to meet their staffing needs. A successful Business Services Specialist will be able to network with employers, understand labor market trends, and target specific industries of interest for program and career center clients.
• Create, generate and submit job orders
• Continually review business opportunities
• Contact employers by phone or in person and attempt to schedule face-to-face meetings
• Coordinate on-the-job (OJT) training opportunities for clients and develop training plans
• Perform initial and follow-up client visits as necessary
• Develop and execute a marketing/advertising plan
• Interface with other company departments and employees
• Provide, as required, target estimates or goals and periodic progress reports
• Develop a network for potential business leads
• Represent EDSI at conferences, meetings and selected social functions as required
• Attend Chamber events and other economic gatherings as necessary
• Follow up with EDSI employees to ensure that client expectations are met
• Enter employer information into all appropriate databases and monitor employer activities
• Conduct Job Task Analysis as requested
• Meet performance criteria on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis
• Marketing or sales experience required
• Customer service experience required
• Must be comfortable making presentations to large groups of people
• Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must be computer literate
• Valid Driver’s License and an automobile are required
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience
Bring your expertise to EDSI where you will be able to live our values every day: show up, smile and support!
To apply for this position, please click on the submit your resume button.